Friday, March 6, 2020

Title Decided!

This is a very exciting moment for me. I have finally decided what title I will be using for this opening film. 

I honestly feel like titles are extremely important, they can determine whether a person decides to watch a film or not. For example, if a film has a title that doesn't give it all away and makes you wonder as the audience what the plot really is about people may be more attracted to it. Because of that I have decided to use Vice Versa as my title. The Call and Runaway were way too straight forward, they gave away a large part of the story. Not only that but they are the typical titles that are basic and you feel like you have heard those names about a thousand times. I didn't end up liking them that much. The other option that I had was The One That Got Away which I actually liked a lot but I feel like a catchier and easier name would be more effective and will be more eye catching  to my target audience. I crossed all of those out and I ended up loving Vice Versa. At first I didn't like it that much but the more I thought about it the more I wanted to choose that one. 

Vice Versa fits the story perfectly without giving it away. Vice Versa is used when talking about to opposite things, in this case the life of the two girls on the film opening (should I give them names?). The girl that is shown in the opening film is clearly going through something that is not so good. She is crying out for help, the way she is acting shows her desperation and stress to get out of the situation she is in and fast. On the other hand, the other girl is calmly taking her day off to go shopping just because, grabbing everything and anything she likes. When you see her you get the feeling that she is always happy in her own world, dealing with normal problems just like anyone else. As she finds that note in the pocket of the coat those two worlds collide and their worlds and reversed. The normal girl is faced with a problem that she has never had to face and the desperate girl is faced with hope. 

XOXO
-Corina

No comments:

Post a Comment