Monday, March 30, 2020

I changed a lot

I was planning on shooting today BUT a lot of things have changed. My dad finally brought the tripod from the office so I finally had everything set. When I set the tripod down and everything else in the front of my front door to film,I noticed that this was not what I wanted to do. I have never been a fan of the idea of movies or TV shows beginning with someone walking through the front door and saying hi to their family, I  feel like it would have looked forced and really staged. I took about an hour trying to get it right, making the time fly by. After feeling like nothing felt right, I sat down and thought about what I could do to adapt my story into something a little bit different. I finally had an idea which I actually really liked, so I called my friend who is currently in AICE Media A Level to get some feedback. I told her my idea and she loved it. SO I went for it.

Instead of the the film opening beginning at the front door area of my house, it will already start in my room. This way I could avoid the unnatural beginning that I am avoiding, the complication of going up the stairs in my two story house, getting the 6 people living in my house right now to cooperate and having to clean up my whole house instead of only my room. I want to begin the opening film with still shots of my room so that I can put the credits there. I want to make it look as if she just got back from shopping, already said hi to everyone in her household and is already in her room doing her own thing. This is where the rest of the script stays the same. She will try on her new clothe and find the note inside the coat. Once I figured all of this out it was already dark out and I wasn't sure if I wanted to film it in the dark or not so I will figure that out tomorrow. I am really happy and excited for what I came up with, I am going to try to film in the next two days. 

XOXO
-Corina

No comments:

Post a Comment