Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Group Critiques

Hellooooooo!!
Today in class we did group critiques and it was sooo effective. I felt as if all my doubts were talked about and worked through with the help of 4 of my peers. I told them all the problems I have been having such as finding a location, choosing a title, choosing a font for that title, finding new music and they just gave me tips on how to improve my project overall.

First of all, they recommended a website where I can do my storyboard which I am planning on doing this week. Also the helped me clear up some things such as the title, between the call, runaway and vice versa. I think Vice Versa is going to end up winning but I will sleep on it and then see what I like the best. I also told them about my dilemma on going to all the different boutiques and they told me that I should call them instead of wasting my gas and a whole day on doing that, which is actually pretty smart. I also asked them about the font and we all agreed that I should choose a title, film my video and when I am editing I can see which one fits the story best depending on the outcome of it. I also told them that I need to make a decision on what music I should use, so we asked my teacher where we can find more copyright free music and she told us that on her Pinterest page there is a lot sooo I am going to take a look at that when I am editing. Lastly, I asked them if the first scene, in which the mystery girl is anxiously trying to find a paper to write a note and find a place to hide it, should have music or not. They ended up agreeing with me in leaving the sounds and the music of the store playing at the time and on top of that add panting and low heartbeat sounds to intensify the scene.

Putting us in groups to discuss everything was a really big stress relief. I didn't only feel better with the advice they gave me but I felt good about helping the others improve their film opening and making them feel the same feeling of stress relief. I hope we got to do this again soon, I really really enjoyed it.

XOXO
-Corina

No comments:

Post a Comment