Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Adapting

Helloooo!

I am not going to lie, things are changing very quickly. Every day I wake up and there and new updates on COVID-19. The amount of cases in the world, Florida and even Broward County are going up. This is a global issue that can change from one day to the next, I know that it will probably take at least three months for things to go back to the way they were. The project is due pretty soon and I know that the due date is one of the things that probably won't change so I must do what I previously said and what my teacher has been telling us: adapt.

My mom has officially put us on lockdown, which is a problem. My opening film was originally going to be shot in a boutique. I had finally found a Boutique to shoot in. I went to Isabelle's Boutique, which is about 10 minutes from my house, and talked to the manager who actually let me shoot there. Two days later, the virus seemed to spread rapidly, increasing the amount of cases and the paranoia. I officially can't shoot there and also I can't leave my house and anyone that isn't a part of my family can come in, therefore I need to change a few things. I need to change the setting, instead of it being in the boutique it needs to be in my house. I also need to change the characters because my friends that were going to act in my opening film can no longer do so. I also can't have my friends that were helping me shoot do so anymore. I might even have to change the script or the whole story itself. I am freaking out a little bit but I know what I can work through this and that my teacher will help us. Not only that but I feel like everyone can understand how severe the situation in globally and how every AICE media student is facing the situation.

XOXO
-Corina

No comments:

Post a Comment