Thursday, February 27, 2020

What should I do?

Alright, now that I've settled down what story I want to do and have a clear vision of how everything will look, I need to decide other things. First of all, I need to decide the title of my filmo opening. I feel like the title of a film is very crucial, it is able to catch the attention of the audience with just the name. Here are the ideas I have come up with, I am open to other ideas it doesn't have to be these:

The Call- I chose this name because the note that is found on the quote has a phone number in it so later in the film there would've probably been a call involved. This name is short and to the point.

The One That Got Away- This name is a little bit longer and the audience would've had to watch the rest of the film to understand. In the film, the girl that seemed in a hurry and in trouble could possibly be a part of something horrible (maybe something like human trafficking?) and is the one trying to get away by doing things such as leaving that note for anyone to find and hopefully help her.

Vice Versa- This name was a suggestion from a friend. I don't feel like I understand this one as much as the others because I did not make it up. Vice versa means the other way around, therefore it could be seen in two ways. One could be the comparison between the life of the first girl who seems to be crying for help, while the other one is happily shopping because she felt like it and came across the note. The other way to see it is that the movie will be based off in trying to turn the situation "the other way around" for the first girl.

Runaway - This name was the one I had for the other film opening idea but I noticed that it fits well with this plot too. I liked this name a lot ever since I came up with it for the other one. It would fit with this opening too because the first girl is clearly trying to runaway from something: someone, a situation, a lifestyle.

Another decision I have to make is where I will shoot my whole opening film, the set design. I looked up boutiques or clothes stores near me and I found a few:
Isabel Boutique 
Marcella’s Fashion Boutique
Turnstyle
Via Moda
Something Else Boutique 
Eli & Pearl Boutique 

Next week I am going to go to these locations, tell them my situation, show them my schedule and see where they give me permission to do it. I want to have these two things decided by next week so that I can begin filming. We've got this.




No comments:

Post a Comment