Sunday, February 23, 2020

Final decision made...Almost made

Alright I feel confident about the decisions I am making. After getting feedback from a few friends and thinking about every option with myself, I have come down to two ideas only: runaway and the one of the note in the coat. I thought about making an opening film on teen pregnancy but I decided to let it go since I couldn't expand my idea any longer than that. 

I really like the runaway opening film. It was the first idea I came up with, I automatically visualized what everything would look like; every shot, every angle, the tone, the credits. I know that I would put a darker tone, find the right font for my title and credits, the perfect music for the film and film the teenage girl packing everything with a frustrated, stressed, disappointed look on her face. While this is going on there would be really small, short cuts of her abusive parents, domestic violence issues, etc. I also really loved this idea because I have always liked when films open up with someone getting ready, for example a girl getting ready for a date. I grabbed that idea and tried to add a dramatic twist to it, a teenager running away. This film would lead to a series of events in which the girl experiences being homeless, her parents' reaction to her decision, etc. The only problem with this idea is that I would have to work hard to make it look like a film opening rather than a teaser or a trailer. 

The opening film about the note in the coat could also be great. This film would be of a teenage girl at the mall trying on different clothes in the changing rooms. This scene would have "positive" music as the credits show and change as she is changing the outfits she picked to try on, checking herself out in the mirror. The film would then cut to her paying for a coat that she decided to purchase. After so there is another cut and she is then in her room trying on the coat that she just bought. You know how we sometimes come home from the mall and try on what we just bought? Yes, that's what she is doing. She is checking herself out in every angle and puts her hands in the pockets just to see how it would look and she feels something. She is confused and she pulls out a folded, little piece of paper that has a phone number and the words 'please help me' written on it. It would end there. This one would not have the problem of getting it to not look like a teaser BUT shooting at the mall might not be as easy as I think it is and I would need to think on what the rest of the story would look like.

I was planning on having my mind made up by today but I think I am going to sleep on it today and make up my mind tomorrow. I promised myself I will not make any impulsive decisions anymore. It is really late and I am tired so I will try to dream about them and see which one looks better. 

XOXO
-Corina

No comments:

Post a Comment