Thursday, February 20, 2020

An indecisive person making a decision.

Reality has hit, I need to come up with what I want to do now. I have came up with a few ideas of what my opening film could look like BUT making a final decision is not as easy. The problem is that it is time to start doing my storyboard, filming schedule, outline, etc.....I really need to make up my mind.

Idea #1: Runaway
The first idea I came up with consists of a teenage girl running away from home. The film will have dark tones as the girl is packing a bag with a sad/stressed out look on her face. As she is doing this there would be short clips of flashbacks of her abusive parents treating her in a harmful manner in various situations. The opening scene would end with the girl looking back at her room, closing the door and the title appearing on the screen.
Pros: I feel like this could come out amazing if it’s well done.
Cons: I don’t know if it’s creative enough.

Idea #2: (No title yet)
The other idea I came up with consists of a teenage girl at a party with the credits showing up on the party scene. In the middle of the party she receives a text from her mother telling her to go home right away. By the way that her mother said it she knew something was up so she hurries home. As she comes come, she opens the door and her reaction to what she sees is shown but what she is seeing is not shown.
Pros: It could make the audience want to keep watching to find out what she came home to.
Cons: It is not my favorite and it could be harder to shoot due to the party scene.

Idea #3: (No title yet)
This idea consists of a “happy” beginning as a teenage girl is at a store trying on clothes at the changing rooms. The credits are shown as she tries on various outfits and looks at herself in the mirror to see which one she wants to buy. She purchases a coat that she was very happy with. It then cuts to a scene of the girl at home trying on the coat again in the room because she liked it so much and wanted to try it on with the rest of the outfit. As she puts her hands in her pockets as she is checking herself out in the mirror at home, she feels something. As she reaches in she finds a paper that says please help me along with a phone number.
Pros: It could make the audience care and wonder what the message found in the coat is all about.
Cons: I am not sure how to make the cut from the store to her room look perfect.

Well now what I’m going to do is present my ideas to my peers and get some critiques, think about which idea is more appealing to me, produceable, and which one will the the PERFECT opening film. Let’s see what happens! :)))))

XOXO
-Corina

No comments:

Post a Comment