Monday, April 6, 2020

What's next?

Helloooooo!!
Now that I am done shooting it is time to do one of my favorite things: edit. As soon as I finished my project, without even touching my room or changing my outfit, I cut out the clips where they needed to be cut and put them all together to see how long my video was and it said 2:53 minutes long. My opening film has to be 2 minutes, therefore I obviously had to cut out some scenes and some clips to see how long it could be and it only got to 2:34 with all the necessary clips. I then started to freak out a little bit, not knowing what to do, and finally decided to re-shoot a few scenes. The main problem was that at the beginning of my film, where Corina is talking on the phone with her friend, I lost track of time at first and the scene was 48 seconds long. That dialogue did not need to be that long, the important information could be shot in 6 seconds, so I decided to call my brother into my room again and make him help me shoot that scene once again. After recording that scene, it went to roughly being 16 seconds long instead. As I replaced that new, shorter scene for the longer one, the opening film ended up being roughly 2:04 minutes long, which was a great relief for me. Today I officially put all the scenes that will be in the opening film together, I adjusted them all so that the video ran smoothly from cut to cut, and even adjusted the tone for every clip so that they all have the same amount of color and lighting. I am actually very happy with how my work turned out, even though I need to obviously choose the right music and font for the credits, which will make an enormous change in my film opening. I am very excited to see how everything will look, I can't wait to finish editing but I need to finish up some online school assignments and manage my time the right way.

XOXO
-Corina

No comments:

Post a Comment