Monday, April 13, 2020

Final Project Reflection

Finally finishing this project feels unreal to me! Time has flied since we were picking an opening film idea in class and asking our teacher about it. Since I have finished my project, I feel a huge relief but I am also happy to say that I enjoyed this journey.  This was my first time creating such a big media project, which means a lot to me since this is what I want to study this upcoming years in college.  I can't believe that my high school career is officially over and this was truly a great leaning experience to end it with. In this project I learned how to set up and manage a blog, how to make up a story line out of pure creativeness, and produce a whole film all to create the best opening film possible. 
Ever since we started this project I have been very excited for this. I was obviously a little nervous at the beginning, hoping that it would turn out perfect. This was meaningful to me because it was officially my first project out of many hopefully, so I wanted the experience to be mind opening. As I started this process, I actually felt confident of what I was doing, planning like crazy and getting feedback from my teacher. I planned the location of where I was going to film, the friends that were going to act in my opening film, and even the friends that were going to help me shoot since I am working on the project alone.  Right when I was about to start filming everything changed. The coronavirus spread globally, creating a pandemic. Because of this, we had to stay quarantined to avoid spreading the virus, which caused a lot of problems for the world and for me in this project personally. I had to ask my family for help in order to shoot my film and I had to change my story line a few times, which ended up giving me results I really loved. I am glad I was able to adapt to the situation and just make the best out of it instead of complaining about it. I just wish I would have been more prepared for the COVID-19 issues that arose, however I understand that that was uncontrollable and I am proud of the way I managed to adapt. 
I can't believe this is all really over. I am extremely happy with the final product, all the knowledge I gained in this class and in the production of this film, and with how I managed to adapt to the situation. I hope this is the first of many projects!!! Thank you all for always staying tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment